Festival shop FAQs
The Oxfam Festival Shop is a touring pop-up shop, stocked with donated items and run by Oxfam Shop Staff and Volunteers. More about shop volunteering
To volunteer with The Oxfam Festival Shop:
- you must be a current Oxfam Shop Volunteer/Intern/Member of Staff with at least 3 months experience; or,
- have volunteered at two or more festivals or events with Oxfam’s Festival Shop in the past 3 years.
Your reference must be from a current Oxfam Member of Staff. If you are unable to meet these criteria, your application will not be successful.
Shifts during trading hours are up to six hours long. You will have one shift each day, including shop set-up, trading and pack-down. Below is an example of a standard Festival Shop schedule. Please note: with some festivals, we will need your help for longer, so check the onsite times and dates.
- Tuesday: arrive, set up camp, team meal, briefing (6pm – 8pm)
- Wednesday: hang and price stock, merchandise shop (up to 8hrs)
- Thursday to Sunday: a trading shift daily. This will rotate from morning, afternoon, evening. (9am – 3pm, 3pm – 9pm, 9pm – late)
- Monday: pack down the shop, pack up campsite, leave (9am – 1pm)
There may be the opportunity to swap shifts if they clash with your favourite band.
Once we have power behind the shop, which can take a few days, there will be:
- Hot water with tea and coffee; and,
- Phone charging sockets
You will receive two meal vouchers for each trading day of the festival. It’s important that you let us know your dietary requirements on your application. We recommend you bring snacks!
We will be camped either in the Oxfield or Staff Camping with access to showers and toilets.
- A unique email address to sign up.
- An Oxfam Staff Member email address for a reference. They will receive an email to confirm your volunteering role. We will not process your application further until we have received a satisfactory reference from your Oxfam Manager.
- Emergency contact.
- Dietary requirements.
- A passport photo for your ID card. Please see here for guidelines on providing an acceptable photograph.
- Phone number. If you are a returning volunteer, please check your profile contact details are correct. If we are unable to contact you for a phone interview, we won’t be able to offer you a place.
Once we have received a successful reference from your Oxfam Manager, we will contact you to arrange an informal telephone interview. This call is great opportunity to talk about your Oxfam experience, to ask questions about festivals and find out more about the Festival Shop. We will also explain the timeframes for sending out festival confirmation emails and onsite information.